- The poem (such as it is) comes at the reader at a speed
which depends on the speed of his or her computer (a fault
in Flash), so that it may be either too fast or too slow.
- There is no way to stop the poem, or to rewind it. Users
should always be given controls when there is an animated
- The graphics are gratuitous as they have nothing to do
with the text of the poem. Graphics should be used to convey
- Never make anything happen when the user closes the sites's
main window. When the user clicks the close button, she wants
to exit your piece. You cannot hold the user hostage to your
- The sound in the pop-up windows is inaccessible to hearing
- The voice-overs in the pop-up windows are entirely gratuitous.
See 3. above.